Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Happenings in the Lorin District of South Berkeley 94702 and 94702

I went on brokers tour today and saw this new designer condo project ready for the market.  Its located at 1520 and 1522 Fairview Street, just a few doors east of Sacramento Street.  This project is another indication of how this neighborhood is transforming.  I often write about this area because it is close to my heart.  I live here and I do a lot of my business here.  As I've mentioned in other blog posts, there are great neighborhood associations.  WANA for example is hosting a meeting tonight to talk about and plan for emergency preparedness.  They already found a contractor who wold give a large discount on installing motion sensitive gas shut off valves.  But let me get to the point I was originally making.  It was two years ago that the project, Harmon Gardens, on the 1400 block of Harmon Street went on the market.  These were extremely well done 2 bedroom 2 bath condos that sold in the mid 500K's.  A last one bedroom unit just sold there this past month. Today the four units on Fairview looked extremely attractive.  You can see the listings on my website ;Here is one of them: 1520 FAIRVIEW STREET, BERKELEY, CA 94703 Once you are on the website you can find the other listings pretty easily.

Also, I was noticing that a group called Youth Spirit Artworks is beautifying the neighborhood.  Creating murals, painitings and banners for the Lorin district they are making the neighborhood feel alive and vibrant. You can find out more about this project at  http://kalwnews.org/audio/2010/05/19/youth-artworks-brings-spirit-south-berkeley_370535.html.

Remember, if you are thinking about buying or selling a home in The Lorin District of South Berkeley give me a call.  I'll be happy to help.   http://www.billfletcherhomes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment